Subject: bug#26587: 26.0.50; Gnus signs with false S/MIME key

From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 13:41:13 +0200

If I have keys for different email addresses in my gpgsm keyring, Gnus
signs an outgoing email using S/MIME with the first one listed by "gpgsm
--list-secret-keys" instead of the one actually associated with the
"From:" mail address.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
 of 2017-03-20 built on wilson
Repository revision: 09d50834206ff48bf6ac214e8cfb31d281ba993c
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS

Recent messages:
Auto-saving...done
Deleting article 41027 in inbox
Saving file /home/bronger/.newsrc...
Wrote /home/bronger/.newsrc
Saving /home/bronger/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/bronger/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/bronger/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/bronger/.newsrc.eld...done
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only [2 times]
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --mandir=/usr/local/share/man/
 --infodir=/usr/local/share/info/ --with-x-toolkit=no --without-makeinfo
 --with-xpm --with-jpeg --with-tiff --with-gif --with-png --with-x'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2
FREETYPE XFT ZLIB X11

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/visual-basic-mode hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/nxhtml/related/visual-basic-mode
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/fundamental-mode/.yas-setup hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/prog-mode/.yas-setup
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/fundamental-mode/.yas-setup hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/python-mode/.yas-setup
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/fundamental-mode/.yas-setup hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/html-mode/.yas-setup
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/fundamental-mode/.yas-setup hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/objc-mode/.yas-setup
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/html-mode/.yasmate-extra-substitutions hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/rails-mode/.yasmate-extra-substitutions
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/fundamental-mode/.yas-setup hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/rails-mode/.yas-setup
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/html-mode/.yasmate-extra-substitutions hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/ruby-mode/.yasmate-extra-substitutions
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/fundamental-mode/.yas-setup hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/ruby-mode/.yas-setup
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-noweb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-noweb
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/po-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/po-mode
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-erb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-erb
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/browse-kill-ring hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/browse-kill-ring
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-vars hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-vars
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-cweb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-cweb
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-auto hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-auto
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-rpm hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-rpm
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-univ hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-univ
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-mode
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-sample hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-sample
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-region hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-region
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-class hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-class
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/auctex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-cmds hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-cmds
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-compat
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-utils hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-utils
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-mason hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-mason
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-myghty hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-myghty
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/tex-site hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tex-site
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/preview-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/preview-latex
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-xemacs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-xemacs
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-whois hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-whois
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-gnus hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-gnus
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-sc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-sc
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-merge hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-merge
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-autoloads hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-autoloads
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-hooks hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-hooks
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-com hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-com
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-print hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-print
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-migrate hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-migrate
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-reportmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-reportmail
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-vm hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-vm
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-gui hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-gui
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-ftp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-ftp
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-w3 hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-w3
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-srv hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-srv
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-snarf hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-snarf
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-rmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-rmail
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-mhe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-mhe
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-cookie hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-cookie
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-bug hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-bug
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/bookmark-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/bookmark-w3m
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-symbol hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-symbol
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-bookmark hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-bookmark
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-mail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-mail
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-session hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-session
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-lnum hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-lnum
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-util hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-util
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-search hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-search
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-image hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-image
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-load hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-load
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-dtree hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-dtree
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-ccl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-ccl
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-weather hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-weather
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-tabmenu hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-tabmenu
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-form hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-form
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-perldoc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-perldoc
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-namazu hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-namazu
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-rss hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-rss
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-favicon hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-favicon
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/mime-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/mime-w3m
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-antenna hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-antenna
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-hist hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-hist
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-filter hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-filter
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-proc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-proc
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/octet hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/octet
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-ucs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-ucs
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/mew-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/mew-w3m
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-ems hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-ems
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-fb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-fb

Features:
(shadow emacsbug gnus-picon smiley mm-archive gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp
gnus-ml disp-table mailalias smtpmail sendmail sort bbdb-gui gnus-cite
nnir nndraft nnmh gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg nnml nnfolder gnus-cache bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr
bbdb-com warnings network-stream nsm starttls nntp gnus-topic add-log
gmane gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls
gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win vc-cvs go-oracle flyspell
ispell js moz imenu cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs css-mode eww puny mm-url gnus
nnheader url-queue shr svg hideshow conf-mode python tramp-sh json map
rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode dom nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok
dired-aux vc-git diff-mode reftex-dcr reftex reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars
font-latex latexenc darkroom cql-mode sql view rust-mode swift-mode
go-errcheck go-mode url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap find-file ffap
thingatpt etags xref project yaml-mode dockerfile-mode derived rx
sh-script smie executable dired-x adaptive-wrap vc-dispatcher vc-bzr
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils org-docview
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-agenda ob-python org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func server w3m browse-url doc-view subr-x jka-compr
dired dired-loaddefs image-mode w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems
wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util rst compile
browse-kill-ring mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region mmm-auto
mmm-vars mmm-utils mmm-compat cl bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone cal-china
lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs
appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs preview
prv-emacs info reporter latex easy-mmode tex-style tex-buf tex dbus xml
mm-util mail-prsvr autorevert filenotify preview-latex tex-site
auto-loads edmacro kmacro tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
ucs-normalize shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time
format-spec advice savehist desktop frameset delsel cus-start cus-load
finder-inf package epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 827570 68035)
 (symbols 48 59127 78)
 (miscs 40 16680 401)
 (strings 32 160272 39554)
 (string-bytes 1 5061174)
 (vectors 16 80094)
 (vector-slots 8 1328229 12278)
 (floats 8 1925 456)
 (intervals 56 27729 0)
 (buffers 976 395)
 (heap 1024 89063 16386))

-- 
Torsten Bronger