Subject: Re: bug#26586: 25.1; header-line-format spins cpu

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 12:04:32 -0700

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 11:01:59 -0700
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> > You need to replace % with %%, and then put the property on the
>> > result.  Or make the replacement string have the property.  I think.
>>
>> Right, the tricky bit is matching the properties that the % had.
>
> Doesn't text-properties-at fit the bill?

I'm sure it would, yeah. I'm new to string manipulation in emacs, so I
was just having a hard time imagining what it would take to build the
equivalent of replace-regexp-in-string that also copied symbols, but I
can just look at the source of  replace-regexp-in-string and use
text-properties-at probably. Any way, I'll probably let the author
figure it out :) Thanks!