Subject: 25.1; inappropriate case folding while isearch-forward-regexp

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 02:55:43 +0900

'M-C-s \A' matches both lower letter a and upper letter A.
'M-C-s [\A]' matches \ and lower letter a and upper letter A.
'M-C-s \cCa' matches 一a, but does not match 一A.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (i686-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-09-18 built on LAPHROAIG
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.0.6002
Configured using:
 'configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --without-dbus
 --without-compress-install CFLAGS=-static'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: JPN
  locale-coding-system: cp932

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils
misearch multi-isearch help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
time-date mule-util japan-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 92081 7564)
 (symbols 32 19681 0)
 (miscs 32 54 161)
 (strings 16 15921 3924)
 (string-bytes 1 430154)
 (vectors 8 13169)
 (vector-slots 4 519590 4478)
 (floats 8 165 28)
 (intervals 28 217 13)
 (buffers 520 19))