Subject: bug#2657: 23.0.91; still cannot run emacs (fontset)

From: jpff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 08:12:54 +0000

What is shown by M-x list-fontsets RET?

Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--10-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-10
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--12-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-12
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--14-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-14
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--16-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-16
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--18-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-18
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--20-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-20
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--24-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-24
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--7-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-7
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--8-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-8
Fontset: -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-default
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-16-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-standard
Fontset: -etl-fixed-medium-r-normal--16-*-72-72-c-80-fontset-startup

What is shown by ESC : (face-attribute 'default :fontset) RET

"-etl-fixed-medium-r-normal--16-*-72-72-c-80-fontset-startup"

What is shown by:
  % xrdb -query|grep -i fontset

nothing
------------------------------------------------------------------------
and with -q
What is shown by M-x list-fontsets RET?

Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--10-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-10
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--12-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-12
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--14-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-14
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--16-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-16
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--18-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-18
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--20-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-20
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--24-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-24
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--7-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-7
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-*--8-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-8
Fontset: -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-default
Fontset: -*-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-16-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-standard

What is shown by ESC : (face-attribute 'default :fontset) RET

"-*-fixed-medium-r-*--16-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-16"

==John ffitch