Subject: Re: bug#26568: [PATCH] gnu : Add meson.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 14:16:01 +0200

Hi Corentin,

I applied your patch with the minor changes below and with a commit log
closer to our conventions (see
<https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html>.)

Thank you!

Ludo’.

PS: I cannot push it right now because git.sv.gnu.org is currently
    unavailable.
PPS: The email address that you used, <corentin@nibupac>, is invalid; I
     hope you’ll get this message somehow.  :-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/build-tools.scm b/gnu/packages/build-tools.scm
index e26c31511..0f6a10bbc 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/build-tools.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/build-tools.scm
@@ -81,11 +81,12 @@ makes a few sacrifices to acquire fast full and incremental build times.")
     (build-system python-build-system)
     (inputs `(("ninja", ninja)))
     (home-page "https://mesonbuild.com/")
-    (synopsis "Meson build system")
+    (synopsis "Build system designed to be fast and user-friendly")
     (description
-     "The meson build system is focused on user-friendliness and speed.
-According to the developpers of meson, every seconds spent waiting for
-the build system, writing or debugging build definitions is a second wasted
-so meson is designed to be very fast and simple.
-It supports C, C++, Fortran, Java and Rust.")
-    (license asl2.0)))
+     "The Meson build system is focused on user-friendliness and speed.
+It can compile code written in C, C++, Fortran, Java, Rust, and other
+languages.  Meson provides features comparable to those of the
+Autoconf/Automake/make combo.  Build specifications, also known as @dfn{Meson
+files}, are written in a custom domain-specific language (DSL) that resembles
+Python.")
+    (license license:asl2.0)))