Subject: Re: bug#26565: IceCat hangs when entering certain websites

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 15:42:03 +0900

Quiliro <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> I cannot reproduce the hang (perhaps you meant crash?). I'm using the
>> skia backend as others have explained. It stopped the frequent and
>> random IceCat crashes at the cost of crude text rendering.
>> 
>> I hope we can solve the problem with the cairo backend at some point!
>> 
>> Maxim
>
> Thank you very very much all of you for your help.
>
> I meant crash. I think the problem is solved. I am not sure. The
> problem was not always. I will report.
>
> I wonder why those parameters are not set by default to skia while the
> problem with cairo is fixed.

Actually, such a change was committed 3 weeks ago by Mark H Weaver.

2abf6371cc gnu: icecat: Add fixes from mozilla-esr45; use skia by
default.

But it might be that it will only take effect in new IceCat profiles
(i.e. if you have used IceCat before the fix, the cairo values might be
cached somewhere?).

Anyway, I'm glad you got it working better!

Maxim