Subject: bug#26558: Opening URLs with xdg-open fails (eg. Gajim, Pumpa)

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 12:31:02 +0200

Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Heh, I've had a WIP update for 1.1.1 for some time and decided to finish
>> it based on this discussion.
>
> Oh, good! :-)
>
> Your patch builds successfully. But, the new version has tests, and you
> still need to package them. When I try to run the tests, a few
> fail. Setting environment variables HOME and BROWSER makes some tests
> pass. This is about as far as I got with my WIP patch.

I had a go at this, and after adding some inputs and setting HOME only
four tests fail. Getting those to work in the build environment seems
pretty involved however (currently I'm starting xorg and adding a
"mimeapps.list"), so I shunted on this for now as it obscures the
update diff somewhat and is better suited as a separate patch.

IMO it's better to have a working package without tests, than a broken
package without tests ;-) Would be good to get it fixed though, will
give it a go at a later opportunity.

Ben: Can you confirm whether the latest xdg-utils work for you? It's in
'master' now so you should get it after a `guix pull` and update.