Subject: 26.0.50; Fontifying csharp mode wrong-type-argument

From: James Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 13:36:01 -0700

Message-ID: <kjm0n28tmxmp4t.fsf@jnguyen-mac2>
--text follows this line--

Fontifying csharp buffers fail on latest master but doesn't on Emacs 25
release build.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  looking-at(nil)
  c-backward-sws()
  c-syntactic-skip-backward("^;{}" 6543 t)
  c-fl-decl-start(7121)
  c-context-expand-fl-region(7121 7621)
  #[(fn) "       \n\"\211@A\211\207" [fn new-beg new-end new-region]
  4](c-context-expand-fl-region)
  mapc(#[(fn) "  \n\"\211@A\211\207" [fn new-beg new-end new-region]
  4] (c-context-expand-fl-region))
  c-before-context-fl-expand-region(7121 7621)
  c-font-lock-fontify-region(7121 7621 nil)
  font-lock-fontify-region(7121 7621)
  #[257
  "\211\300\301\"\211\242\306=\203\211A\202\300\301B\211@A\211\302\211\242\206
  e]\240\210\303\211\242\206+d^\240\210\304\211\242^\240\210\305\211\242]\240\210\307\266\202\207"
  [7121 7621 (nil) (nil) (7121) (7621) jit-lock-bounds nil] 10 "\n\n(fn
  FUN)"](font-lock-fontify-region)
  run-hook-wrapped(#[257
  "\211\300\301\"\211\242\306=\203\211A\202\300\301B\211@A\211\302\211\242\206
  e]\240\210\303\211\242\206+d^\240\210\304\211\242^\240\210\305\211\242]\240\210\307\266\202\207"
  [7121 7621 (nil) (nil) (7121) (7621) jit-lock-bounds nil] 10 "\n\n(fn
  FUN)"] font-lock-fontify-region)
  jit-lock--run-functions(7121 7621)
  jit-lock-fontify-now(7121 7621)
  jit-lock-stealth-fontify()
  apply(jit-lock-stealth-fontify nil)
  timer-event-handler([t 0 0 599999 t jit-lock-stealth-fontify nil idle
  999999])

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin16.4.0, NS
appkit-1504.81 Version 10.12.3 (Build 16D32))
of 2017-04-18 built on jnguyen-mac2
Repository revision: 0c98dec5c9d0e0146a1519b9a7e099aae668c059
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
Recent messages:
Error running timer ‘jit-lock-stealth-fontify’: (wrong-type-argument
stringp nil)
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 2121) signaled
(wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
Error running timer ‘jit-lock-stealth-fontify’: (wrong-type-argument
stringp nil) [2 times]
Loading server...done
Error running timer ‘jit-lock-stealth-fontify’: (wrong-type-argument
stringp nil) [2 times]
user-error: Minibuffer window is not active
Error running timer ‘jit-lock-stealth-fontify’: (wrong-type-argument
stringp nil)
user-error: Minibuffer window is not active
Error running timer ‘jit-lock-stealth-fontify’: (wrong-type-argument
stringp nil) [4 times]
Debug on Error enabled globally

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns --without-makeinfo'

Configured features:
JPEG RSVG NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C#

Minor modes in effect:
  projectile-mode: t
  focus-autosave-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  eval-sexp-fu-flash-mode: t
  flycheck-pos-tip-mode: t
  shackle-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  global-evil-visualstar-mode: t
  evil-visualstar-mode: t
  global-evil-matchit-mode: t
  evil-matchit-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/all-the-icons hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/all-the-icons-20170314.112/all-the-icons
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-vars hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-vars
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-types hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-types
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-states hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-states
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-search hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-search
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-repeat hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-repeat
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-pkg hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-pkg
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-maps hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-maps
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-macros hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-macros
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-jumps hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-jumps
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-integration hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-integration
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-ex hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-ex
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-digraphs hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-digraphs
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-core hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-core
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-common hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-common
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-commands hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-commands
~/.emacs.d/fork/evil/evil-command-window hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/evil-20170306.334/evil-command-window
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/fzf hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/fzf-20161226.936/fzf
~/.emacs.d/fork/emacs-neotree/neotree hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/neotree-20170227.1731/neotree
/Users/jnguyen/Code/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-2.19/seq
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-1.7/vlf hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-20161030.840/vlf
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-1.7/vlf-write hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-20161030.840/vlf-write
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-1.7/vlf-tune hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-20161030.840/vlf-tune
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-1.7/vlf-setup hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-20161030.840/vlf-setup
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-1.7/vlf-search hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-20161030.840/vlf-search
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-1.7/vlf-pkg hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-20161030.840/vlf-pkg
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-1.7/vlf-occur hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-20161030.840/vlf-occur
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-1.7/vlf-follow hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-20161030.840/vlf-follow
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-1.7/vlf-ediff hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-20161030.840/vlf-ediff
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-1.7/vlf-base hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-20161030.840/vlf-base
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-1.7/vlf-autoloads hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/vlf-20161030.840/vlf-autoloads
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-yasnippet
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-yasnippet
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-xcode hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-xcode
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-tempo hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-tempo
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-template
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-template
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-semantic
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-semantic
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-oddmuse hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-oddmuse
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-nxml hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-nxml
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-keywords
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-keywords
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-ispell hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-ispell
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-gtags hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-gtags
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-files hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-files
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-etags hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-etags
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-elisp hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-elisp
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-eclim hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-eclim
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-dabbrev hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-dabbrev
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-dabbrev-code
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-dabbrev-code
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-css hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-css
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-cmake hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-cmake
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-clang hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-clang
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-capf hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-capf
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-bbdb hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-bbdb
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/company-20170315.1754/company-abbrev hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/company-mode/company-abbrev
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/irony-20170313.1437/irony hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/irony-mode/irony
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/irony-20170313.1437/irony-snippet hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/irony-mode/irony-snippet
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/irony-20170313.1437/irony-diagnostics hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/irony-mode/irony-diagnostics
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/irony-20170313.1437/irony-completion hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/irony-mode/irony-completion
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/irony-20170313.1437/irony-cdb hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/irony-mode/irony-cdb
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/irony-20170313.1437/irony-cdb-libclang
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/irony-mode/irony-cdb-libclang
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/irony-20170313.1437/irony-cdb-json hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/irony-mode/irony-cdb-json
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/irony-20170313.1437/irony-cdb-clang-complete
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/irony-mode/irony-cdb-clang-complete
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/motion-mode-20140919.1856/motion-mode hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/motion-mode/motion-mode
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/smartparens-20170312.450/smartparens hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/smartparens/smartparens
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/smartparens-20170312.450/smartparens-scala
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/smartparens/smartparens-scala
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/smartparens-20170312.450/smartparens-rust
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/smartparens/smartparens-rust
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/smartparens-20170312.450/smartparens-ruby
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/smartparens/smartparens-ruby
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/smartparens-20170312.450/smartparens-racket
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/smartparens/smartparens-racket
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/smartparens-20170312.450/smartparens-python
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/smartparens/smartparens-python
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/smartparens-20170312.450/smartparens-pkg
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/smartparens/smartparens-pkg
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/smartparens-20170312.450/smartparens-lua
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/smartparens/smartparens-lua
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/smartparens-20170312.450/smartparens-latex
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/smartparens/smartparens-latex
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/smartparens-20170312.450/smartparens-html
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/smartparens/smartparens-html
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/smartparens-20170312.450/smartparens-haskell
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/smartparens/smartparens-haskell
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/smartparens-20170312.450/smartparens-config
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/smartparens/smartparens-config
/Users/jnguyen/Code/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/env
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/smartparens/features/support/env
/Users/jnguyen/Code/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/env
hides /Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/xcode-mode/features/support/env
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/irony-20170313.1437/irony hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/irony-20170313.1437/server/test/elisp/irony
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/irony-20170313.1437/irony-cdb-json hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/irony-20170313.1437/server/test/elisp/irony-cdb-json
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/irony-20170313.1437/server/test/elisp/test-config
hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/irony-mode/server/test/elisp/test-config
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/irony-20170313.1437/irony hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/irony-mode/server/test/elisp/irony
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/elpa/irony-20170313.1437/irony-cdb-json hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/irony-mode/server/test/elisp/irony-cdb-json
/Users/jnguyen/Code/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/ert
hides
/Users/jnguyen/.emacs.d/fork/irony-mode/server/test/elisp/support/ert

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils debug cus-start cus-load server csharp-mode imenu cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds jojo-csharp colir color face-remap
company-shell term disp-table ehelp projectile grep compile comint
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs jojo-security focus-autosave-mode
whitespace-cleanup-mode whitespace lispyville lispy iedit iedit-lib
multiple-cursors-core lispy-inline avy semantic/db eieio-base
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff edebug help-fns radix-tree
lispy-tags elisp-slime-nav eval-sexp-fu company-quickhelp warnings
highlight font-lock+ rainbow-delimiters flycheck-pos-tip pos-tip
flycheck json map find-func rx shackle jojo-c jojo-extra-lang make-mode
jojo-elisp jojo-tags jojo-autocomplete elixir-yasnippets yasnippet
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-yasnippet company-bbdb
company jojo-evil evil-surround evil-visualstar evil-matchit evil
evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands evil-jumps evil-command-window
evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states
evil-core evil-common derived rect evil-digraphs evil-vars undo-tree
diff jojo-project fzf recentf tree-widget wid-edit smex ido counsel
jka-compr esh-util etags xref project swiper ivy flx delsel ivy-overlay
ffap jojo-pair-editing smartparens-config smartparens thingatpt
jojo-misc vlf-setup vlf vlf-base vlf-tune fold-dwim-org fold-dwim
hideshow noutline outline windmove jojo-platform exec-path-from-shell
ls-lisp jojo-defaults paren autorevert filenotify cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ansi-color winner nlinum linum jojo-theme
dichromacy-theme theme-changer solar cal-dst cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs cl jojo-dependencies hydra ring lv s dash jojo-funcs
use-package diminish bind-key easy-mmode finder-inf edmacro kmacro
advice slime-autoloads info package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt subr-x gv bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 795711 501118)
(symbols 48 48367 10)
(miscs 40 289 722)
(strings 32 129791 286291)
(string-bytes 1 5218510)
(vectors 16 91066)
(vector-slots 8 2024188 308352)
(floats 8 674 1016)
(intervals 56 1067 831)
(buffers 976 16))

-- 
  James Nguyen
  [email-masked]