Subject: Re: bug#26556: 26.0.50; Fontifying csharp mode wrong-type-argument

From: James Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 17:44:19 -0700

Another one... Hmnn..

Error running timer ‘jit-lock-stealth-fontify’:
(wrong-number-of-arguments #[(limit list types not-top)
"\306\307`\307\211\211\211\211\211\211\211\211\203\310\202\311\307*+,-./0120\203\322\3123!\211,\203\322`/,@.\307f\313=\203\3214\314=\203o5\203o,AAAA@\204o\212\307u\210\315
\210\316\317!)\203\321,AA@\204\3214\314=\203\315\212\307\211u\210\315
\210\3202\311\307f\321=\203\227\322\320\306\"\210\323
\211\204\246\322\320\307\"\210\202\261
\324=\204\261\322\320\306\"\210\3123\306\"\210\307f\325=\203\307\307u\210\315
\210\202\213\3060*\203\321\326\202\322\327*,AAA@\205\337\307f\203\362\3066.b\210\323
\210)\202\203\330@\331\"\204\332@
A\331*$\210/b\210\30707\203-*\326=\203I\3331*\334`\335\"b\210\3060\202.\210\202B\203B\214e3\2069d}\210\315
\210)\202\2403b\210\202\240\203\222
\336=\203w\337\335\3073#\340U\203w\316\341!\203w\3421s\334`\335\"b\210\3060\202x\210\202\240\306\203\240`3W\203\240\343\3443\345\306$\203\240\346u\210\202\240\214e3\206\232d}\210\315
\210)`3W\203-\316\347!\203-`8\3328\211T\350
$\210)\307u\210\214e3\206\305d}\210\315 \210)`\2110\2042\351
\210.\307\207" [types brackets-after-id separator-prop
c-last-identifier-range got-init got-type t nil c-decl-type-start
c-decl-id-start c-forward-declarator 40 c++-mode c-forward-sws
looking-at "[*&]" is-function 41 throw c-forward-type maybe 44
font-lock-function-name-face font-lock-variable-name-face
get-text-property face put-text-property (error) scan-sexps 1 61
c-forward-token-2 0 "{" (error) c-syntactic-re-search-forward "[;,{]"
move -1 "," c-type c-fontify-recorded-types-and-refs id-face paren-depth
decl-res id-end id-start next-pos pos c-record-ref-identifiers
c-record-type-identifiers limit c-buffer-is-cc-mode not-top
c-promote-possible-types list -pos-] 15] 3)
user-error: Minibuffer window is not active

At this point, it looks like there's something funky going on, but I'm
not sure where it is in my setup.

I'll try and see if I can cook up a minimal recipe at some point..

-- 
  James Nguyen
  [email-masked]

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017, at 05:36 PM, James Nguyen wrote:
> Hmnn, looks like it's related to the byte compilation changes from
> Emacs25 to 26.
> 
> Removing the package and reinstalling it with Emacs 26 works for me.
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> -- 
>   James Nguyen
>   [email-masked]
> 
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017, at 01:34 PM, Glenn Morris wrote:
> > James Nguyen wrote:
> > 
> > > Message-ID: <kjm0n28tmxmp4t.fsf@jnguyen-mac2>
> > > --text follows this line--
> > >
> > >
> > > Fontifying csharp buffers fail on latest master but doesn't on Emacs 25
> > > release build.
> > 
> > Please give a minimal complete example starting from emacs -Q.
> > Include your version of csharp-mode (not part of Emacs, and I failed to
> > reproduce this with the latest version), and a minimal example csharp
> > file.
> > Thanks in advance.
> >