Subject: Re: bug#26548: [PATCH] install: Enable SSH in installation image.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 00:06:55 +0200

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 11:30:30PM +0200, Marius Bakke wrote:
>> Hi Guix! This patch adds an SSH server to the installation image
>> to aid remote installations as requested in
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2017-01/msg00047.html
>> 
>> lsh-service depends on networking, so I pulled in a DHCP client too.
>> It increases the image size by about 29MiB.
>> 
>> * gnu/system/install.scm (%installation-services): Add DHCP-CLIENT-SERVICE
>> and LSH-SERVICE.
>
> I wonder, did you consider using OpenSSH instead? Are there any
> advantages to using lsh here?

I chose lsh mostly because I thought the GNU live image should use the
GNU ssh implementation. For the intended usage (logging in once with a
password to complete the installation), there is no difference to the
end user. No strong opinion though :-)