Subject: bug#26540: 25.2; [PATCH] Add cl-set-equal to test for set equality

From: Nicolas Petton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 16:41:17 +0200

Damien Cassou <[email-masked]> writes:

> +(cl-defgeneric seq-set-equal (sequence1 sequence2 &optional testfn)
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                  What about `seq-set-equal-p'?

> +  "Return true if SEQUENCE1 and SEQUENCE2 have same elements.
             ^^^^
             We say non-nil
             
> +I.e., if every element of SEQUENCE1 also appears in SEQUENCE2 and if
> +every element of SEQUENCE2 also appears in SEQUENCE1.

What do you think about the following instead?

  Return non-nil if SEQUENCE1 and SEQUENCE2 contain the same elements,
  regardless of the order.

> diff --git a/test/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq-tests.el b/test/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq-tests.el
> index 788524b..9cc54d8 100644
> --- a/test/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq-tests.el
> +++ b/test/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq-tests.el

All your contributions are very well tested, thank you always taking the
effort to add unit tests! :-)

Cheers,
Nico