Subject: Re: bug#26540: 25.2; [PATCH] Add cl-set-equal to test for set equality

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 13:21:41 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

>> This patch adds cl-seq-equal to test whether two lists have the 
>> same elements. I.e., if every element of LIST1 also appears in 
>> LIST2 and if every element of LIST2 also appears in LIST1. 
> 
> Common Lisp (and the Emacs emulation) already has set functions 
> that do this - `[cl-]set-exclusive-or', for example. 
> 
> https://www.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/html/cltl/clm/node152.html 

are you saying that (1) I should propose an implementation of 
set-equal based on set-exclusive-or (I guess it's just a `not` 
call away) or (2) not propose set-equal all together? I understand 
(1), but not the reasoning behind (2). 

-- 
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill