Subject: bug#26538: [PATCH 0/1] gnu: Add youtube-dl-gui.

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 21:15:05 +0200

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:30:43 -0700
Chris Marusich <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> This patch adds youtube-dl-gui.  I've confirmed that it works on
> GuixSD and a foreign distro.  I've confirmed that downloading a video
> in the default format works, and I've confirmed that converting the
> video to an audio-only MP3 file works, too.  I didn't exhaustively
> test all combinations of the various options, but the program seems to
> be working well enough.

I tried it out and it looks good, except for this:

There is an "Update" button which tries to download and install the
newest version of itself. I tried the button with network offline and
it has a status message of "Network is unreachable." I don't know what
exactly happens here when the network is reachable.

The software should only be updated via Guix. Would it be possible with
a patch to remove or disable the button?

Björn