Subject: Re: bug#26537: Problems with Emacs frame (GTK)

From: Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 12:44:47 +0200

Il 17/04/2017 10:17, martin rudalics ha scritto:
>> Start Emacs-2017-03-10 [1] without desktop file. The result is in
>> screen-no-desktop.png, and don't looks ok to me.
>
> So let's look into this first.  Do you mean the speedbar window should
> be wider?

As you can see, in the init.el file I had attached I have

(setq default-frame-alist
       '(
         (width . 110) ; character
         (height . 49) ; lines
         (font . "Monospace-11") ; font
         ))

and

(setq sr-speedbar-default-width 30)
(setq sr-speedbar-width 30)
(setq sr-speedbar-max-width 30)

which should give a frame 110 characters wide and a sr-speedbar 30 chs. 
wide.. Why then, at first start, without desktop file, I have the frame 
in screen-no-desktop.png?

>
> Instead of "init file" I suppose you mean "desktop" here, i.e., the file
> written by desktop.el.  Right?  Or do you mean something like "what the

No, init.el. The settings for sr-speedbar I cited before should set (and 
up to the builds <= 20170327, they SET) to a frame with a sr-speedbar 
window of about 30 chs. Instead now it is of about 40 chs.

Notice I do not resize the frame or windows inside it, so I would expect 
more or less the width specified in init.el..

Angelo