Subject: bug#26534: [PATCH] gnu: Update glib to 2.52.1.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 19:50:18 +0200

Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> Hi Roel,
>>>
>>> I'm looking at updating GNOME packages as well. When I tried building
>>> the most recent version of Eye of GNOME, glib gave me two test
>>> failures. Do you think these failures could be a result of glib
>>> dependencies needing to be updated, or is this fixable on its own?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Kei
>>
>> Dear Kei,
>>
>> I think I have found what fixes the two failing tests.. I run the tests
>> in parallel.  When I disabled running them in parallel, two tests fail
>> related to 'gdbus'.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Roel Janssen
>
> I have good news! Your original patch works when I upgrade dbus to its
> latest version, 1.10.18. So now we just need to update dbus and get the
> update merged into gnome-updates.

If "glib" depends on a newer "dbus", I think it should be added in
'gnome-updates' as well. Otherwise it will have to wait until the next
'core-updates' cycle slated for end of next month.

Thanks for working on this! Let's try to start building this branch on
Hydra next week, how does that sound?