Subject: [bug#26524] [PATCH 3/3] gnu: Add python2-httpretty

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 21:33:05 +0200

Muriithi Frederick Muriuki <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/python.scm (python2-httpretty): New variable.

Thanks!

[...]

> +    (arguments
> +     `(#:tests? #f
> +       ;; Requires mock>=1.3.0 which requires a more up-to-date
> +       ;; python-pbr. After updating these trying to build the
> +       ;; package leads to failures in python-flake8 and other
> +       ;; packages. The cascade of updates and failures this
> +       ;; leads to, seems to not be worth having the test run.

Ugh. If you still have these patches, could you resubmit them to a new
bug report? Let's use them as a basis for a new 'python-updates' branch.
Please also include this patch as it did not apply for me. I've pushed
the other two to 'master' with slightly adjusted commit messages.

You can open a new issue by sending a message to [email-masked],
and send the patch series to [bug id]@debbugs.gnu.org. The initial email
is typically a cover letter generated by git-format-patch(1).

Python 3.6.2 is due in two weeks[0]. If we get 'core-updates' ready by
then, we can start building 3.6 substitutes right away. :-)

[0] https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0494/#id2