Subject: bug#2652: 23.0.91; wacky behavior of "v" command in *vc-dir* buffer

From: Miles Bader <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:05:15 +0900

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]> wrote:
>  > However, if "v" is used on a non-file line, the behavior is kind of
>  > weird:  It pops up a *vc-log* buffer, and allows you to enter a log
>  > message, but then typing C-c C-c (`log-edit-done') in the *vc-log*
>  > buffer to finish the commit results in an error:
>
> Can you please provide a way to reproduce this starting from emacs -Q?

  (1) cd to a source directory that uses git for source management

  (2) start emacs:  emacs -Q  -nw

  (3) modify any source file in that dir, e.g., add a new line "Hello"
to a README or something

  (4) Start vc-dir:  M-x vc-dir RET RET

  (5) In the *vc-dir* buffer, you'll see the file you modified listed;
the cursor should be initially positioned on the first line of the
buffer, i.e., not on any source file.

  (6) Without moving the cursor, try to commit:  v

  (7) Enter a log message and submit:   Oink OINK RET

  (8) You should get the error I mentioned

> What is the output of:
> M-: (vc-deduce-fileset) RET
> before you press "v" ?

   M-: (vc-deduce-fileset) RET
     => (Git ("/home/miles/src/snogray/snogray/") nil nil nil)

The directory name there is the top-level source directory.

Thanks,

-Miles

-- 
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.