Subject: bug#26518: 26.0.50; M-x bubbles crashes emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 17:44:20 +0300

> From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 16:13:11 +0200
> 
> 0. emacs -Q
> 1. M-x bubbles
> => 
> Thread 1 "emacs" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> arith_driver (code=code@entry=Amult, nargs=nargs@entry=2, 
>     args=args@entry=0x7fffffffc8c0) at /home/steve/git/emacs-master/src/data.c:2807
> 2807	      CHECK_NUMBER_OR_FLOAT_COERCE_MARKER (val);

Looks like a problem with the byte compiler/bytecode interpreter,
because both loading bubbles.el from the master branch and loading
bubbles.elc from the release branch works just fine.  Also, if I run
Emacs 25.2 on bubbles.elc from master, Emacs complains about an
invalid bytecode.

Vibhav, could this have anything to do with the latest changes in
bytecode?