Subject: bug#26504: patch for efaq-w32.texi

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 12:42:56 +0300

> Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 17:42:32 +0900 (JST)
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Tak Kunihiro <[email-masked]>
> 
> On Windows, I suppose user launches App by choosing icon from Start
> Menu.

That's a possibility, but I think it's a rare one.  I personally never
use it.

The most popular ways, I think, are either by double-clicking on a
desktop icon, or by having an Emacs icon pinned to the task bar.

> After a while, spending minutes outside of the App, user wants
> to switch back to the App.  The easiest way is choosing the same icon
> from Start Menu again (without worrying if App is already running).
> This works in Emacs on Mac.

On Windows, each running application that has an open window
(a.k.a. "frame" in Emacs parlance) has a corresponding icon on the
taskbar, so all one needs to return to the application is to click on
that taskbar icon.  This is standard Windows usage, not something
specific to Emacs, so every Windows user knows about that.

> Q: How do I launch and switch to Emacs by choosing the same icon in
>    Start Menu?
> 
> The paragraph answers the question and shows recipe.  Since Q and A
> about Windows, I thought it is good to have in FAQ.

Like I said, we have Windows-specific issues described in the manual,
so any clarifications should be considered for the manual first.

> > emacsclientw.exe "" --alternate-editor runemacs.exe
> 
> It took me a while to find out solution (that is just giving empty
> argument).  If I am the one who had such a question, this is not
> frequent, and I agree this should go to nowhere.

Given the above information about the taskbar icons, do you still
think there's a need to add anything?