Subject: bug#2648: closed (Re: bug#2648:)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 21:19:02 +0000

Your bug report

#2648: 23.0.60; remove C-c ` from rcirc track minor mode

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
2648: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2648
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#2648:
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: Deniz Dogan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:18:18 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Deniz Dogan wrote:

> It seems that the binding was removed in rev 98155 on October 15 2009.

Thanks. Feel free to close a bug if you notice it should be closed.

You just send a mail to ###-done@debbugs, as I did in this message.

Subject: 23.0.60; remove C-c ` from rcirc track minor mode
From: Leo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:12:01 +0000

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

rcirc track mode defines the following keys.

(define-key rcirc-track-minor-mode-map (kbd "C-c `") 'rcirc-next-active-buffer)
(define-key rcirc-track-minor-mode-map (kbd "C-c C-@") 'rcirc-next-active-buffer)
(define-key rcirc-track-minor-mode-map (kbd "C-c C-SPC") 'rcirc-next-active-buffer)

When this mode is enabled, those keys become GLOBAL and therefore can
easily step on bindings from other packages. One of them is AUCTeX.

I think it is entirely redundant to bind 'C-c `'. I'd propose this key
be removed when emacs is released. Otherwise it will confuse AUCTeX
users. Whenever there's an error, AUCTeX will ask users to type C-c ` to
get to the error, but instead this key will run
rcirc-next-active-buffer.