Subject: Help for C primitives not found

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 7:25:33 -0400

So.  (help cons) is no longer working for me with 2.2.

The output of

 echo '(help cons)' | strace guile

shows

stat("/usr/local/share/guile/guile-procedures.txt", 0x7ffd5f923330) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/local/share/guile/site/2.2/guile-procedures.txt", 0x7ffd5f923330) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("./guile-procedures.txt", 0x7ffd5f923330) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
write(1, "No documentation found for:\n", 28No documentation found for:
) = 28
write(1, "(srfi srfi-1): cons\n", 20(srfi srfi-1): cons
)   = 20

guile was compiled from the 2.2 release tarball using default configure options.

The file actually lives at

$ ls -l /usr/local/share/guile/2.2/guile-procedures.txt 
-rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 306615 Apr 13 07:20 /usr/local/share/guile/2.2/guile-procedures.txt

This is on Debian Jessie, amd84

-Dale