Subject: bug#26454: [PATCH 2/2] gnu: add emacs-exwm

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 10:20:18 +0200

Hello!

Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I have finished all corrections. And, as far as I can tell, exwm builds
> and works fine. If there are no other suggestions, let me know, and I'll
> push.

I guess you can go ahead.  Thanks for finalizing it!

> In the patch I just sent, I check if the 'exwm feature is loaded. If it
> is not loaded, then a default configuration is loaded. Else, nothing
> happens and we proceed assuming the user has configured exwm in their
> ~/.emacs. This way, we get a working exwm out of the box and at the same
> time, retain the user's ability to customize their exwm easily.
>
> Though upstream prefers we use the pregenerated source code, I'm afraid
> we cannot do that. All Guix packages are strictly built from source. For
> now, there is no problem with our own regenerated source code. And, I
> don't anticipate there will be many problems in the future. If and when
> there is a problem and the package breaks, we will report the problem
> upstream as a bug, and take any necessary action to fix our
> package. Until then, this should be fine.

Makes sense to me.

> There seem to be some exwm upstream bugs with floating windows. Apart
> from that, it works great. I have switched to exwm from my previous
> window manager, dwm. :-)

Fun.  :-)

Thanks to both of you!

Ludo’.