Subject: qjackctl wrong jack version (was: Re: How to use jack and qjackctl on GuixSD?)

From: Mark Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 00:24:08 +0200

>>>>> "Drew" == Drew C <[email-masked]> writes:

    Drew> Yes! I am running XFCE and/or also have Gnome installed.

    Drew> I will try xmonad ... is there an easy way to add it to
    Drew> config.scm so I can F1 to choose it, and if not, where/how to
    Drew> I configure GuixSD's X to use it?

    Drew> Otherwise, there is a pulseaudio jack sink that may work if I
    Drew> can be told where to put it.

*grml* I think I messed up.

First note: 

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Base-Services.html#Base-Services

See the bottom of the page. It defines a `realtime' group and it's
permissions. You might need to create this group and add yourself to it
or you might simply use the `@audio' for the `audio' group, where you
might already be a member.

Second note: It still doesn't work, but it's too late to look into
this. :( Could take care of this tomorrow.

Crazy, I had this running.

Cheers, Mark