Subject: Re: bug#26407: test.dicod fails after ~20 hours of failed connection attempts

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 23:15:13 +0200

Hi,

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Recently, test.dicod has started failing after taking ~20 hours of
> build-slot time, mostly filled with "Connection refused" errors:
>
>   https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/test.dicod.x86_64-linux
>
> Here's a build that recently failed after 20 hours:
>
>   https://hydra.gnu.org/build/1974589
>
> and here's one that, as of the time of this writing, is currently 14
> hours into the build, and stuck in the same "Connection refused" loop:
>
>   https://hydra.gnu.org/build/1974709

I could reproduce the problem back when you reported it, but it seems
that it vanished (it works for me several times in raw):

  https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/test.dicod.x86_64-linux

Previously, when it failed (as in
<https://hydra.gnu.org/build/1999217/nixlog/17/raw>, corresponding to
commit 1f49cd546ec350678e238353e8036f0792793901), the problem was:

  exec of "/gnu/store/mi5k7xi6wfhj2irdys7qc9fabpii60gh-dico-2.4/bin/dicod" failed: Permission denied

… and thus attempts to connect to dicod failed.

When I tried to debug it, this happened only when running dicod as user
“dicod”, and not when running it as root.  Also, this happened only when
running qemu non-interactively.

So I’m willing to punt on this one and disregard it as a qemu/kernel
issue.  Let’s reopen it if the problem comes back.

Thanks,
Ludo’.