Subject: Re: Guitarix: Don't use webkitgtk-2.4

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2017 14:31:06 +0200

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> Webkitgtk-2.4 is unmaintained upstream and contains a large number of
> security vulnerabilities. The webkitgtk developers have asked
> distributions to stop offering it. [0]
>
> This patch removes webkitgtk-2.4 from guitarix. Guitarix builds and
> starts without; I don't know what features are disabled.
>
> Ricardo, what do you think?

Sounds good to me!

Webkitgtk was added only somewhat recently to the dependencies.  When I
added it some time ago it was not optional AFAIR.  If you’ve built it
successfully without webkitgtk that’s great.

It was used for a built-in plugin browser, I think.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net