Subject: bug#26386: [PATCH 0/1] Update the connection script of openconnect (and vpnc?)

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 13:50:23 +0200

Ludo'!

On 21/04/17 11:04, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> So, what do you think?  :-)

Argh. I'm wading through an e-mail back-log, sorry. Feel free to ping me
like this when needed.

>> If someone reading this uses openconnect, could you check that it also
>> works for you?

I used it for a limited time (job) and no longer have or want access to
such a VPN.

>> This patch updates openconnect to use a newer vpnc script, as advised
>> on the Web page above.  It fixes the problem for me.

>> Also, I wonder if we should be fixing vpnc rather than openconnect.

I was going to suggest a crazy third option: why not add all of
vpnc-scripts[0] as a new package, since that's basically what it is?
openconnect would default to vnpc-scripts' ‘vpnc-script’, but people
could try out other interesting-looking hacks like ‘vpnc-script-sshd’.

Turns out that this is exactly what Debian already does.[1] Heh.

I doubt very much the author can — or wants to be — bothered to do
releases[3]. If that's not a problem, I'll gladly write a new patch.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/vpnc-scripts.git
[1]: https://packages.debian.org/jessie/all/vpnc-scripts
[2]: Which is arguably better than having releases and never finishing
     them;
http://lists.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/pipermail/vpnc-devel/2013-December/004000.html