Subject: bug#26381: 26.0.50; url-cookie-host-can-set-p bugs out on degenerate domains

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2017 09:34:41 +0200

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range "" 0)
  url-cookie-host-can-set-p("www.washingtonpost.com" "")
  url-cookie-handle-set-cookie("tid=0;Expires=Thursday, 01-January-1970 00:00:00 GMT; path=/; domain=")

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 12, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2017-03-22 built on stories
Repository revision: 0b60d7657a2d9e5f9a233032643b0f3ce55420ee
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 8.7 (jessie)

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/larsi/.newsrc
Saving /home/larsi/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/larsi/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/larsi/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/larsi/.newsrc.eld...done
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/04/05/its-now-illegal-in-russia-to-share-an-image-of-putin-as-a-gay-clown/?tid=sm_tw
Contacting host: www.washingtonpost.com:443
Entering debugger...
Mark set [2 times]
Back to top level

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/larsi/src/cddb.el/expect hides /home/larsi/lisp/expect
/home/larsi/src/cddb.el/captitle hides /home/larsi/lisp/captitle
/home/larsi/src/clock.el/clock hides /home/larsi/lisp/clock
~/pgnus/contrib/vcard hides /home/larsi/lisp/vcard
/home/larsi/src/pvr.el/pvr hides /home/larsi/lisp/pvr
~/lisp/zenirc-2.112/src/zenirc-example hides /home/larsi/lisp/zenirc-example
~/pgnus/contrib/compface hides /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/image/compface

Features:
(shadow ecomplete emacsbug sendmail dired-aux pulse jukebox id3
humanely-sort lyric-wiki discogs json map dae musicbrainz scan scrobble
tellstick wave cddb captitle expect flow-fill org-element org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
org-w3m org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs log-edit
pcvs-util eww canlock vc vc-dispatcher pp find-func thingatpt xref
project vc-git diff-mode vc-cvs gnus-html url-queue help-fns radix-tree
url-cache sort gnus-cite smiley shr-color color mm-archive gnus-async
gnus-dup qp gnus-ml gmane spam-gmane dns mm-url disp-table gnus-fun
gnus-mdrtn gnus-topic pop3 nndoc nnmbox utf-7 nnml nnfolder
network-stream starttls nnir spam-report spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc
copyright misearch multi-isearch tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring advice
gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum nndraft nnmh gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec
gnus-win nnmail gnus-int gnus-range mail-source message format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils whitespace movie mkv shr svg
imdb dom pvr debug debbugs-gnu easy-mmode derived debbugs soap-client
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-http tls gnutls url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm puny
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap warnings rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp
xml ido flyspell ispell benchmark w3m browse-url doc-view dired
dired-loaddefs image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems wid-edit
w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util add-log mail-extr
jka-compr cl finder-inf package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt subr-x gv bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1402881 96050)
 (symbols 48 181690 16)
 (miscs 40 2492 1410)
 (strings 32 307274 9019)
 (string-bytes 1 23344132)
 (vectors 16 79620)
 (vector-slots 8 2235829 98482)
 (floats 8 7548 1587)
 (intervals 56 85355 2297)
 (buffers 976 100)
 (heap 1024 343813 271668))

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no