Subject: bug#26380: Getting a copy of the GNU Debbugs

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 22:24:24 -0400

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Ah, I tagged Glenn as the author of all the reconstructed commits, does
>> that mean some of them should be yours?
>
> Yes, some very few changes are from me. Some other changes are from
> Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>, IIRC. But since the vast majority
> of the changes are from Glenn, I have no problems all (reconstructed)
> commits are dedicated to him.
>
> The major change I have contributed is the extension of the SOAP
> interface by function search_est, see your commit 4bec5ac.

Well, since I decided to rebase anyway, I marked the commit which had a
comment in it containing "cyd" as authored by Chong Yidong, and the
search_est commit as authored by you.

I've rebased onto the last commit in master which is reachable from the
'debian' branch.  I think this represents the 2.6.0 stable release.

After the initial rebase, I made some further touch ups (summary of
cross-branch changes are listed in the wiki page)

https://gitlab.com/npostavs/debbugs/wikis/rebase-to-upstream-fixups-todo-list
https://gitlab.com/npostavs/debbugs/compare/debian...rebase-to-upstream-v1
https://gitlab.com/npostavs/debbugs/compare/debian...rebase-to-upstream-v2
https://gitlab.com/npostavs/debbugs/compare/debian...rebase-to-upstream-v3

One thing that puzzled me a bit.  In scripts/recieve I had to add an
apparently missing assignment to let the tests pass; it seems strange
that that was missing before though.  How did it work up until now?
Wouldn't $dest always be in danger of not getting assigned?  Or is
X-Debbugs-Envelope-To guaranteed to be present (but perhaps the test env
fails to provide it)?

    #######################################################
    ## Emacs BTS hack: use mail headers to reset $_.

    my $dest; ## <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< add " = $_" here.
    my @headerlines;
    while(<STDIN>) {
        push @headerlines, $_;
        if (m/X-Debbugs-Envelope-To:\s+(.+)/) {
            $dest = $1;
            last;
        }
        last if (m/^$/);
    }
    $_ = $dest;