Subject: bug#26380: Getting a copy of the GNU Debbugs

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2018 14:41:24 +0200

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Noam,

>> There are some bugs (*) I could work on; using your repo
>> would be much safer than changing directly on debbugs.gnu.org, as I did
>> in the past.
>
> Ah, I tagged Glenn as the author of all the reconstructed commits, does
> that mean some of them should be yours?

Yes, some very few changes are from me. Some other changes are from
Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>, IIRC. But since the vast majority
of the changes are from Glenn, I have no problems all (reconstructed)
commits are dedicated to him.

The major change I have contributed is the extension of the SOAP
interface by function search_est, see your commit 4bec5ac. I've offered
the Debian guys to take over; no reaction.

>> Furthermore, do we intend to offer Debian to take over changes we have
>> applied? I've tried that in the past, but the Debian people didn't
>> react. Years ago, but we could retry.
>
> Well, first we'd have to see if our changes would make sense.  I've seen
> a couple of cases so far during the merge where it looks like the same
> bug was fixed on the Debian side.

Yes.

And there was also something else outside the debbugs package, we have
reported to Debian (and which is said fixed now). See
<https://bugs.debian.org/734470>, don't know whether the Debian patch
has arrived debbugs.gnu.org.