Subject: Re: bug#26380: Getting a copy of the GNU Debbugs

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2018 08:03:09 -0400

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Are there plans to install changes from your repo back to
> debbugs.gnu.org?

Yeah, that would be step 5:
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=26380#8

Still working through step 3 for now though...

> There are some bugs (*) I could work on; using your repo
> would be much safer than changing directly on debbugs.gnu.org, as I did
> in the past.

Ah, I tagged Glenn as the author of all the reconstructed commits, does
that mean some of them should be yours?

> Furthermore, do we intend to offer Debian to take over changes we have
> applied? I've tried that in the past, but the Debian people didn't
> react. Years ago, but we could retry.

Well, first we'd have to see if our changes would make sense.  I've seen
a couple of cases so far during the merge where it looks like the same
bug was fixed on the Debian side.