Subject: Re: bug#26380: Getting a copy of the GNU Debbugs

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 20:04:39 +0200

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Noam,

> I've started working on merging the master branch. Using imerge[1], I
> found the file removals I put in the beginning were interfering, so
> I've gotten rid of those commits, see the reconstruction-sans-delete
> branch. Apart from dropping the file deletion commits, the "Give https
> compatible links" change now applies to $gHTMLTail in scripts/text[2]
> rather than several html/*.html files[3]. Otherwise the two branches
> are the same.

Are there plans to install changes from your repo back to
debbugs.gnu.org? There are some bugs (*) I could work on; using your repo
would be much safer than changing directly on debbugs.gnu.org, as I did
in the past.

Furthermore, do we intend to offer Debian to take over changes we have
applied? I've tried that in the past, but the Debian people didn't
react. Years ago, but we could retry.

(*): For example,

23624 minor,debbugs.gnu.or [Glenn Morris	   ] Closing a blocker does not update bugreport.cgi for bug it blocks
 5439 wishlist,debbugs.gnu [Glenn Morris	   ] Per-bug subscription

Best regards, Michael.