Subject: bug#26380: Getting a copy of the GNU Debbugs

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 10:40:11 -0400

On 9 October 2017 at 07:52, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Noam Postavsky wrote:
>
>> I've meanwhile identified [1: f0a45d7] as the version debbugs.gnu.org
>> started from, and reconstructed some plausible VCS commits based on
>> the backup files from the tar file (the order is according to their
>> timestamps, semi-automated with the attached replay-debbugs.el). You
>> can find the result at https://gitlab.com/npostavs/debbugs.git, the
>> gnu-reconstruction branch has all the debbugs.gnu.org changes.
>
> Thank you very much for this excellent work. I will take a look, but it
> won't be for some weeks.

I've started working on merging the master branch. Using imerge[1], I
found the file removals I put in the beginning were interfering, so
I've gotten rid of those commits, see the reconstruction-sans-delete
branch. Apart from dropping the file deletion commits, the "Give https
compatible links" change now applies to $gHTMLTail in scripts/text[2]
rather than several html/*.html files[3]. Otherwise the two branches
are the same.

[1]: https://github.com/mhagger/git-imerge
[2]: https://gitlab.com/npostavs/debbugs/commit/1310fb62499f56a240bcfe04b55f74837455dc77.patch
[3]: https://gitlab.com/npostavs/debbugs/commit/fdc370da78a9a09612cf52aa90f9890f5fae64a3.patch