Subject: bug#26380: Adding 'summary' and 'outlook' fields from upstream debbugs?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 21:38:01 -0400

Package: debbugs.gnu.org
Severity: wishlist

I was looking at https://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control and I found
two commands that debbugs.gnu.org lacks, that seem like they would be
very useful to have:

    summary bugnumber [message number | summary text]

        Selects a message to use as a summary of a bug. The first
        non-pseudoheader/non-control paragraph of that message is parsed
        and set as the summary of the bug which is displayed on the top
        of the bug report page. This is useful in cases where the
        original report doesn't correctly describe the problem or the
        bug has many messages which make it difficult to identify the
        actual problem.
        [...]

    outlook bugnumber [message number | outlook text]

        Selects a message to use as the outlook for fixing a bug (or the
        current status of fixing a bug). The first
        non-pseudoheader/non-control paragraph of that message is parsed
        and set as the outlook of the bug which is displayed on the top
        of the bug report page. This is useful to coordinate with others
        who are working on fixing this bug (for example, in an bug
        squashing party).
        [...]

Is the debbugs.gnu.org code still close enough to upstream that it would
be practical to get these?  (where is the debbugs.gnu.org code anyway?)