Subject: bug#26378: 26.0.50; Hitting 'n' during ediff gives Error

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 19:23:14 -0400

Now that we're looking at the whole thing, I have a few more comments.

Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]> writes:

> +  "Execute the diff PROGRAM.
> +
> +The PROGRAM output is sent to BUFFER, which must be a buffer object,
> +and must be alive.

It would flow a bit better to say "which must be a live buffer object".

> +
> +The PROGRAM is executed asynchronously unless the OS is OS/2,
> +Windows-*, or DOS, or unless SYNCH is non-nil.

I don't see any reference to OS/2 in the code, so I think we should just
drop it.  And I'm not sure what the "-*" in "Windows-*" means; I think
we should just say "unless `system-type' is `windows-nt' or `ms-dos'".

> +
> +OPTIONS is a list of options to pass to PROGRAM.  It may be a blank
> +string.

This seems to be wrong, OPTIONS is not a list.  It should say "OPTIONS
is a string of space-separated options to pass to PROGRAM".

> +
> +An element in FILES must be either a string or nil.
> +
> +We also delete nil and \"\" from all arguments."

I think these last 2 sentences should be combined into something like:

"FILES is a list of filenames to pass to PROGRAM; nil and \"\" elements
are ignored."