Subject: bug#26373: [PATCH 2/6] import cran: Add predicate for Bioconductor experiment packages.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 15:50:33 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> * guix/import/cran.scm (bioconductor-experiment-package?): New variable.
>
> It seems to be a private and unused procedure.  Is it really needed?
> :-)

Oh, it wasn’t supposed to be private.  There are three kinds of
bioconductor packages: the normal ones, experiment packages, and
annotation packages.

The latter two cannot be updated the usual way, so they are excluded
from “bioconductor-package?”, but I thought that one may still want to
be able to distinguish between them.  It’s true, though, that there’s
nothing that can use “bioconductor-experiment-package?” yet, but it’s
possible to add an updater for just the experiment packages.  (They use
a different SVN repository.)

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net