Subject: bug#26353: TeX Live

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 23:24:14 +0200

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hi Danny!
>>
>> Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> skribis:
>>
>>> 70 GiB non-home root partition seems also be too small for it all. I have to do guix gc quite often - I'll have to repartition somewhen.
>>>
>>> texlive finally downloaded correctly *shrugs*.  Texlive is really getting on my nerves - isn't it possible to modularize it more?  Also, one shouldn't require 2 GiB for a word processor and DTP. *mumble mumble*
>>
>> TeX Live is getting on everybody’s nerves.  :-)
>>
>> There are ways to turn it into a zillion packages from CTAN, which is
>> what Nixpkgs did.  Ricardo (I think?) had some thoughts as to how to
>> achieve this and I would really like to see it happen.
>
> That would be great. I miss this snippet from my ~/.nixpkgs/config.nix:
>
>     myTex = pkgs.texlive.combine {
>       inherit (texlive) scheme-small marginnote sectsty cm-super enumitem
>       xifthen ifmtarg unicode-math filehook collection-fontsrecommended
>       collection-fontsextra libertine gentium-tug ucharcat;
>     };

Yeah, I agree.  Hopefully a profile hook could do what
pkgs.texlive.combine does, which would make it more convenient.  Then we
also need a CTAN importer…

Ludo’.