Subject: bug#26352: [PATCH 1/3] gnu: Update networkmanager to version 1.6.2.

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 15:48:29 +0200

Hi Ludo,

your review came just in time, I was about to push it :-)

> Note that ‘pre-configure’, ‘fix-docbook’, and ‘install’ are not fields
> of <package>, so we normally don’t represent them this way in commit logs.

Fine for me. How do you want it?

>
> A couple of new tests are being skipped, this is for the same reason as
> the others, right?

Yes. Each of these tests is accompanied by a "fake" one which passes.

>
> Normally adding both libxml2 and libxslt as inputs would save you from
> writing this phase.  Could you check that this is the case?
Indeed, adding libxml2 sets XML_CATALOG_FILES. But then it becomes curious:

- With both docbook-xsl and docbook-xml as inputs, the build fails.
(This did not happen with my patch, since I missed adding docbook-xml to
XML_CATALOG_FILES.)

      GEN      man/nmcli.1
    I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
    http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
    warning: failed to load external entity
    "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl"
    cannot parse
    http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl

- With only docbook-xsl, the build passes while showing some errors,
which are only treated as warnings:

      GEN      man/nmcli.1
    I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
    http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd
    man/nmcli.xml:7: warning: failed to load external entity
    "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd"
    ]>
      ^
    man/nmcli.xml:2060: parser error : Entity 'ndash' not defined
              <para>Success &ndash; indicates the operation
    succeeded.</para>
                                   ^
    man/nmcli.xml:2422: parser error : Entity 'mdash' not defined
        https://bugzilla.gnome.org/ &mdash; product
    <literal>NetworkManager</literal

I'm in favour of using the only docbook-xsl as input, as this makes the
build pass.

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |