Subject: bug#26349: closed (Re: bug#26349: Option -ignore_readdir_race does not work with program `find`)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 17:32:02 +0000

Your bug report

#26349: Option -ignore_readdir_race does not work with program `find`

which was filed against the coreutils package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
26349: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=26349
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#26349: Option -ignore_readdir_race does not work with program `find`
From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
To: Dariusz Dzialak <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 12:31:19 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

tag 26349 notabug
thanks

On 04/03/2017 09:18 AM, Dariusz Dzialak wrote:
> Program 'find' failed even -ignore_readdir_race  (no *OK* in output):
> 
>> mkdir -p 1/2/bla 3/4/bla ; { find . -ignore_readdir_race -mindepth 1
> -name '[0-9]' -print -exec stat --format "%s %n" {} \; -exec sleep 0.5 \;
> && echo OK; } & sleep .2 ; rm -fr 1 3 ; wait

You've reached the coreutils mailing list, but 'find' is part of the
findutils. You'll want to report this bug there (that project uses a
different tracker, so I can't just reassign this bug between projects
within the debbugs database).
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=findutils

I'm closing this bug out in debbugs as it is not a coreutils issue, even
though it does look like you may have found a valid issue in findutils.

-- 
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org

Subject: Option -ignore_readdir_race does not work with program `find`
From: Dariusz Dzialak <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 16:18:08 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Program 'find' failed even -ignore_readdir_race  (no *OK* in output):

> mkdir -p 1/2/bla 3/4/bla ; { find . -ignore_readdir_race -mindepth 1
-name '[0-9]' -print -exec stat --format "%s %n" {} \; -exec sleep 0.5 \;
&& echo OK; } & sleep .2 ; rm -fr 1 3 ; wait
[1] 25831
./3
4096 ./3
find: `./3': No such file or directory
./1
stat: cannot stat ‘./1’: No such file or directory
[1]+  Exit 1                  { find . -ignore_readdir_race -mindepth 1
-name '[0-9]' -print -exec stat --format "%s %n" {} \; -exec sleep 0.5 \;
&& echo OK; }

Program `find` succeed even -noignore_readdir_race but with -depth option:

> mkdir -p 1/2/bla 3/4/bla ; { find . -depth -noignore_readdir_race
-mindepth 1 -name '[0-9]' -print -exec stat --format "%s %n" {} \; -exec
sleep 0.5 \; && echo OK; } & sleep .2 ; rm -fr 1 3 ; wait
[1] 25854
./3/4
4096 ./3/4
./3
stat: cannot stat ‘./3’: No such file or directory
./1
stat: cannot stat ‘./1’: No such file or directory
*OK*
[1]+  Done                    { find . -depth -noignore_readdir_race
-mindepth 1 -name '[0-9]' -print -exec stat --format "%s %n" {} \; -exec
sleep 0.5 \; && echo OK; }

================

> uname -a
Linux w-92 3.13.0-24-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 2 23:30:00 UTC 2014
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

> find --version
find (GNU findutils) 4.4.2
Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Written by Eric B. Decker, James Youngman, and Kevin Dalley.
Built using GNU gnulib version e5573b1bad88bfabcda181b9e0125fb0c52b7d3b
Features enabled: D_TYPE O_NOFOLLOW(enabled) LEAF_OPTIMISATION FTS()
CBO(level=0)