Subject: bug#26340: 26.0.50; default font not applied

From: Bruce V Chiarelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 10:52:12 -0700

[email-masked] writes:

>> I did the change as you asked, but it didn't help. I also tried the workaround mentionned in the other bug:
>>
>> 	(defalias 'dynamic-setting-handle-config-changed-event 'ignore)
>>
>> and this one made it work (I removed your line).
>
> Thanks for confirming.  The reason my suggestion didn't work is because
> I accidentally posted the code that *causes* the bug instead of the code
> to fix it, oops!  I should have said
>
>     (define-key special-event-map [config-changed-event] 'ignore)
>
> as suggested in https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25228#152.

For me, this workaround only helps to keep the customizations the first
frame when emacs starts. If I create a new frame with C-x 5 2, the
customized font is ignored in the new frame. Does this happen to anyone
else?

-Bruce