Subject: Re: bug#26339: [PATCH v3 1/9] system: Add extlinux support.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2017 22:01:27 +0200

Hi Danny,

> Not really - because I did this part already :)

I'll remove it ;)

>> +                      (if (and bootloader? bootloader)
>
> Hmm, is it possible to (usefully) check monadic values that way?

Monads are still misterious for me, so I could be completely wrong
here but I think that bootloader may be #f so it makes sense to check it
here and in the following lines.

>
>> +          (when (and bootloader? bootloader)
>
> Likewise.

I wrote the few lines bellow to better understand what's going on :

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(run-with-store (open-connection) (mlet* %store-monad ((test (return #f)) (disp -> (if test "true" "false"))) (return (display disp))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

You can ,expand it and make test return #t instead.

Thanks,

Mathieu