Subject: 26.0.50; checkdoc action for join lines drops final "

From: Marco Wahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2017 10:51:54 +0200

Checkdoc drops the final " when the action to join the lines has been
choosen.

E.g. have checkdoc enabled and eval

    (defun foo ()
    "bla bla
    bla."
    )

Suggestion for a fix:

modified   lisp/emacs-lisp/checkdoc.el
@@ -1520,7 +1520,7 @@ checkdoc-this-string-valid-engine
 			 ;; They said yes.  We have more fill work to do...
 			 (goto-char (match-beginning 1))
 			 (delete-region (point) (match-end 1))
-			 (insert "\n")
+			 (insert "\"")
 			 (setq msg nil))))))
 	   (if msg
 	       (checkdoc-create-error msg s (save-excursion

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.10)
 of 2017-03-29 built on tm6592
Repository revision: d707ba846902128572f420241897cbb966363ede
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11903000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Recent messages:
Opening nndoc server on /home/b/Mail/archive/kusen...done
Opening nndoc server on /home/b/Mail/archive/todo...done
Opening nndoc server on /home/b/Mail/archive/vwiki...done
Reading active file via nndraft...done
Reading active file from gnorbthing via nnir...done
Checking new news...done
Mark saved where search started
Saving file /home/b/.newsrc-dribble...
Wrote /home/b/.newsrc-dribble [2 times]
(Saved .newsrc-dribble)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Magit

Minor modes in effect:
  beacon-mode: t
  moz-controller-global-mode: t
  moz-controller-mode: t
  zen-reward-mode: t
  nyan-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-lentic-mode: t
  lentic-mode: t
  ido-hacks-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  on-screen-global-mode: t
  wrap-region-global-mode: t
  wrap-region-mode: t
  keyfreq-autosave-mode: t
  keyfreq-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  timeclock-mode-line-display: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
Error during checking
Features:
(shadow bbdb-message mailalias emacsbug shr-color color flow-fill lyrics
follow paredit mc-cycle-cursors mc-mark-more mc-edit-lines caps-lock
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe gnus-dired sh-script smie
executable zone zone-nyan esxml ace-window url-cache mm-archive smiley
gnus-cite gnus-bcklg mail-extr gnus-async gnus-kill qp gnus-ml nndraft
nnmh nndoc utf-7 network-stream starttls nnfolder bbdb-gnus nnnil
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-cache
gnus-demon nntp smtpmail sendmail cal-move bookmark tabify misearch
multi-isearch company-emoji company-emoji-list org-archive epa-file
password-store hl-line cal-iso org-duration beacon checkdoc view
page-ext erc-dcc battery cal-china lunar cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs bbdb-anniv appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs emacsshot
rope-read-mode org-timer org-clock disp-table org-velocity dabbrev
org-learn org-invoice org-elisp-symbol org-depend org-w3m org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-inlinetask org-info org-habit org-gnus org-eww
org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-ctags org-crypt org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config exwm exwm-input
xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render
exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto
xcb-types jl-encrypt maxima maxima-font-lock moz-controller moz
org-section-numbers org-structure-as-dirs-and-files org-bullets
carry-region cursor-color-mode ariadne-marks mw-mark txr-mode
auto-complete auxies-eww hacks auxies-rest org-supplements
little-helpers bbdb-mua bbdb-com gnorb-bbdb bbdb bbdb-site timezone
bbdb-loaddefs emms-librefm-stream emms-librefm-scrobbler
emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq
emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams emms-show-all
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-info later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate emms-setup emms emms-compat org-protocol
slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch
slime-presentations bridge slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl elp slime-parse slime
gud apropos compile arc-mode archive-mode hyperspec slime-autoloads
refine git-timemachine elmacro emr-c emr-elisp emr-lisp list-utils
emr-iedit which-func imenu emr-prog emr popup git-auto-commit-mode
nyan-mode sotlisp skeleton gnuplot info-look helm helm-source
helm-multi-match helm-lib aurel url-http url-auth url-gw nsm bui
bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history bui-button bui-utils
cus-edit json map rase solar cal-dst gnorb gnorb-org gnorb-registry
gnus-registry registry gnorb-gnus gnorb-utils org-agenda org-capture
org-attach vc-git org-id gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime
dig nngnorb nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win nnoo smartparens lispy hydra lv swiper ivy
ivy-overlay ffap iedit iedit-lib multiple-cursors-core rect lispy-inline
semantic/db eieio-base semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet ediff-merg
ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff
edebug help-fns radix-tree lispy-tags key-chord company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-branch
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process magit-margin
magit-mode magit-git crm magit-section magit-popup git-commit
magit-utils log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp tramp-sh server lentic-mode
lentic-doc lentic-ox lentic-org lentic-chunk rx ox-texinfo ox-org ox-odt
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse
nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-md ox-icalendar ox-html table
ox-beamer ox-latex ox-ascii ox-publish ox eww puny mm-url gnus nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
mm-util mail-prsvr url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap shr svg
dom browse-url lentic eieio-compat f s m-buffer-at m-buffer
m-buffer-macro ido-hacks ido expand-region text-mode-expansions
cc-mode-expansions the-org-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom browse-kill-ring derived
form-feed page-break-lines on-screen wrap-region keyfreq stumpwm-mode
dired-narrow delsel dired-hacks-utils dash chronos notifications dbus
xml ace-link avy camcorder dired-async dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
async use-package diminish bind-key finder-inf tex-site edmacro kmacro
screenshot-autoloads info package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
url-vars org-element avl-tree org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-octave ob-makefile ob-forth ob-R ob-haskell ob-maxima ob-java
ob-plantuml ob-sqlite ob-sql ob-screen ob-J ob-io ob-shell ob-clojure
ob-scheme ob-gnuplot ob-dot ob-ditaa ob-lisp ob-css ob-js ob-org
ob-ledger ob-latex ob-calc calc-store calc-trail calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl ob-python ob-awk
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell
parse-time advice ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ert find-func seq ewoc debug
.emacs-custom timeclock paren avoid erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
erc-networks erc-pcomplete time-date pcomplete comint ansi-color ring
erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec auth-source cl-seq
eieio byte-opt subr-x bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu
cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs password-cache thingatpt pp
time desktop frameset cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib cus-start cus-load
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1440895 235974)
 (symbols 48 95512 781)
 (miscs 40 64313 17720)
 (strings 32 370256 43439)
 (string-bytes 1 10722939)
 (vectors 16 155457)
 (vector-slots 8 3364869 113444)
 (floats 8 2015 3714)
 (intervals 56 19659 5441)
 (buffers 976 113))

-- 
Marco Wahl -- Freelancer
https://marcowahl.github.io