Subject: Re: bug#26327: 25.1; electric-pair-syntax-info unaware of syntax-table property

From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 19:58:48 +0800

On 2020-11-30 12:19 +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>> electric-pair-syntax-info calls (syntax-table) which is unaware of the
>> syntax-table text property.
>>
>> electric-pair-syntax-info looks inconsistent. Part of it is based on
>> point (e.g. syntax-ppss) and part of it not.
>
> (This bug report unfortunately got no response at the time.)
>
> Do you have a recipe to reproduce whatever bug you're seeing?

I can't remember what I had in mind at that time.

But I imagine if ` and ' have word syntax but `` and '' are
syntax-propertized to behave like matching parentheses, then function
syntax-table is not the correct way to access syntax info.

The issue is not specific to elec-pair. Any program that needs to get
the syntax of the char at point needs to check the syntax-table property
first and then check (syntax-table).

Thanks for picking up this bug.
Leo