Subject: bug#26326: 25.1; "import codecs, os;..." Weird output in python shell Mac OS X

From: Monib Ahmed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 12:14:44 -0700

From: Monib Ahmed <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 25.1; "import codecs, os;..." Weird output in python shell Mac OS X
--text follows this line--

Hi, I wrote a simple "Hello World" python script, and the output is
weird:

>>> import codecs, os;__pyfile =
codecs.open('''/var/folders/f9/y1xt5ytn02v2n7p8pk3_h4xw0000gn/T/py1281TtN''',
encoding='''utf-8''');__code =
__pyfile.read().encode('''utf-8''');__pyfile.close();os.remove('''/var/folders/f9/y1xt5ytn02v2n7p8pk3_h4xw0000gn/T/py1281TtN''');exec(compile(__code,
'''/Users/monibahmed/Documents/Python/people_class/hello_world.py''',
'exec'));
Hi
Hello World!

Any recommendation on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Monib

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version
10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
 of 2016-09-20 built on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Saving file /Users/monibahmed/.emacs.d/init.el...
Wrote /Users/monibahmed/.emacs.d/init.el
Mark saved where search started
(No changes need to be saved)
previous-line: Beginning of buffer [2 times]
next-line: End of buffer [14 times]
previous-line: Beginning of buffer [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec epg
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums misearch multi-isearch
vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode warnings tramp-cache thingatpt
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-cmake
company-xcode company-clang company-eclim company-template company-css
company-nxml company-bbdb py-autopep8 flycheck rx subr-x dash yasnippet
highlight-indentation flymake company elpy pyvenv elpy-profile
elpy-django s elpy-refactor python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec grep compile files-x
etags xref project cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit linum
material-theme ein-notebook eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
find-func ein-inspector ein-traceback ein-pytools ein-pager
ein-completer ein-subpackages ein-notification ein-scratchsheet
ein-worksheet advice ein-kill-ring ein-cell-output ein-cell-edit
ein-cell ein-output-area xml comint ring ein-kernelinfo ein-kernel
ein-ipdb ein-events eieio-compat ein-websocket websocket bindat
ansi-color ein-contents-api ein-query request mail-utils url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs gnus-util
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap cl ein-node
ein-log ein-core ein-utils json map cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ewoc ein-loaddefs
ein finder-inf paren edmacro kmacro saveplace ido info package
epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode
easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 425471 23113)
 (symbols 48 40207 0)
 (miscs 40 902 1134)
 (strings 32 85244 13367)
 (string-bytes 1 2542596)
 (vectors 16 61153)
 (vector-slots 8 1064764 7383)
 (floats 8 1067 542)
 (intervals 56 2595 465)
 (buffers 976 98))