Subject: csplit

From: Murray Collingwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 15:05:30 +1300

Hello

I just came across 'csplit' and thought all my problems are solved.

I backup a MySQL database using a single mysqldump on the entire database.
It's large.
The file (with newlines on each line) is about 11.5GB

I tried the following command:

> csplit 2017-03-31.sql '/^DROP TABLE/' '{*}'

It was working really well and then appeared to finish normally.
It had created xx00 - xx48

However when I started looking through the output files I was missing a
whole bunch.  Table names should range from a* through to w*, however all I
received was table names a* through to i* - I'm missing the last half of
the data.

It would appear there is some limit as to the size of the input file the
csplit will process.

Thanks for all you do - I have been an avid Linux user for over 30 years.

Cheers
Murray

-- 
Murray Collingwood
Focus Computing

Australia ph 07 3175 0575
New Zealand ph 03 928 1699

http://www.focus-computing.com.au