Subject: 25.0.90; backward-sexp doesn't jump over the whole assignment

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 16:34:28 -0400

When trying to evaluate following line:
arr = Array.new(100) { rand(1...100) }

usng ruby-send-last-sexp (C-x C-e) gives an error.
Probably the whole line or just "Array.new(100) { rand(1...100) }"
should be considered as last sexp.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.90.3 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-02-03 built on KAEL
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/tmp/emacs --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O2 -g0
 -fomit-frame-pointer''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Ruby

Minor modes in effect:
  inf-ruby-minor-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Making completion list...
C-M-x is undefined [2 times]
Mark set
C-M-x is undefined
Making completion list...
Mark set
You can run the command ‘ruby-send-region’ with C-c C-r
C-x C-e runs the command ruby-send-last-sexp
smie-forward-sexp-command: Scan error: "Containing expression ends prematurely", 840, 840
Mark set
C-x C-e runs the command ruby-send-last-sexp

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/elpa/nodejs-repl.el/nodejs-repl hides ~/.emacs.d/elpa/nodejs-repl
~/.emacs.d/elpa/inf-ruby/inf-ruby hides c:/GNU/.emacs.d/elpa/inf-ruby-2.3.2/inf-ruby

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail mail-utils org-element org-rmail org-mhe
org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
inf-ruby easy-mmode thingatpt ruby-mode smie compile nodejs-repl derived
comint ansi-color ring cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs soap-client mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode url-http tls gnutls url-auth mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
auth-source eieio eieio-core gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars mailcap warnings rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util
xsd-regexp xml sort dired bm edmacro kmacro cl-seq cl-macs info ido seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-extra help-mode imenu advice
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib tango-dark-theme delsel cua-base cus-start
cus-load finder-inf package easymenu epg-config time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify dbusbind w32
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 246711 10435)
 (symbols 56 35452 1)
 (miscs 48 152 333)
 (strings 32 63867 9262)
 (string-bytes 1 2009741)
 (vectors 16 28842)
 (vector-slots 8 604424 6040)
 (floats 8 345 154)
 (intervals 56 2864 0)
 (buffers 976 18))
CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING This e-mail message, including any attachment(s), is confidential. If we sent this communication to you in error, please do not disclose it to anyone else or use the information in it. Please notify the sender of the transmission error and then delete our communication from your system without printing, copying or forwarding it. Thank you for your co-operation. AVERTISSEMENT CONCERNANT LE CARACTERE CONFIDENTIEL DE L'INFORMATION Le present courriel, y compris toute piece qui y est jointe, est confidentiel. Si nous vous avons envoye cette communication par erreur, nous vous prions de ne la divulguer a personne ni a utiliser l’information qu’elle contient. Veuillez informer l’expediteur de l’erreur de transmission et effacer ensuite notre communication de votre systeme sans l’imprimer, ni la copier ni la retransmettre. Nous vous remercions de votre cooperation.