Subject: bug#26303: closed (Closing)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 21:18:01 +0000

Your bug report

#26303: calibre: conversion error for cbr files, unrar module is missing

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
26303: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=26303
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Closing
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 23:17:11 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing as unreproducible without a provided test file. There is a good
chance that this is related to a freedom problem with unrar anyway.

Andreas

Subject: calibre: conversion error for cbr files, unrar module is missing
From: ng0 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 16:43:34 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Conversion from cbr to epub fails with this last line:

RuntimeError: Failed to load unrar module with error: No module named
unrar

Note that the books I've tried this on only worked with a comic book
reader we do not have in Guix, there are issues with display, pages,
etc.