Subject: Re: bug#26302: [website] translations

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 14:10:59 +0200

Hello Florian and all!

(Cc: sirgazil + Julien.)

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I think you can go ahead and push this series to a branch, say
> ‘wip-i18n’ (the ‘wip-’ prefix meaning that you reserve the right to
> rebase the branch as you will.)
>
> We can then maybe set up a ‘static-web-site’ service on berlin, with
> appropriate nginx rules, to build and publish the manual at a separate
> URL so we can all test it.  See hydra/berlin.scm in maintenance.git.

Sorry that it’s taken this long, but I’m happy to say that the
‘wip-i18n’ branch of the manual is now visible at:

  https://guix.gnu.org/.i18n/de/
  https://guix.gnu.org/.i18n/en/

Whenever you push to that branch, the web site should be automatically
updated within an hour.

In IceCat the navigation bar at the top with “radio buttons” gets
incorrectly displayed for some reason.

We’ll need the nginx magic to honor ‘Accept-Language’ and such; I think
you submitted something that I may have overlooked, don’t hesitate to
refresh my mind.  :-)

Anyway, we have a good starting point, and perhaps we’ll be able to
switch quickly; what else do we need?

For the record, the changes to the config of berlin.guix.gnu.org to make
it possible were:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/commit/?id=e86c686b607a0f772ae004db021181607ba805ee

Thanks,
Ludo’.