Subject: Re: bug#26302: [website] translations

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 22:46:25 +0200

On Sun, Sep 08, 2019 at 09:44:44PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Cool, thanks for opening this issue!
> 

Thank you!  (Well, it was ng0’s old issue and people on the list
started talking about its topic again.)

> > One of the attached patches adds a PO file with a German translation
> > that was needed for testing purposes; of course translations should
> > normally be submitted via the Translation Project.  The patch need not
> > be applied; do as you see fit.
> 
> I wonder if we should use the TP for this.  Thoughts?
> 

We can, because it’s an ordinary POT file like guix-manual (but easier
because no Texinfo knowledge is required).  With the TP, there would
be many more translations, although often incomplete and in a few
cases wrong, but the readers will notice.  All the translators can do
is reorder existing SHTML, at worst misrepresenting GNU, redirecting
translatable links wrongly or preventing the website from building.

Regards,
Florian