Subject: Re: bug#26302: Deploying the i18n’d web site

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 08:26:38 +0200

On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 03:09:57PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> skribis:
> > Still failing:
> >
> > http://guix.gnu.org/graphics
> >
> > http://guix.gnu.org/blog/2013/back-from-the-european-lisp-symposium
> >
> > worked before wip-i18n but stopped working.  Hrm.
> 
> What does nginx’s error.log file say?

I forgot to try.  error.log contains a 404 message:

2020/07/12 08:09:14 [error] 321#0: *1 open() "/srv/guix.gnu.org/graphics" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 172.28.112.1, server: guix.gnu.org, request: "GET /graphics HTTP/1.1", host: "guix.gnu.org"
2020/07/12 08:09:14 [error] 321#0: *1 open() "/srv/guix.gnu.org/favicon.ico" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 172.28.112.1, server: guix.gnu.org, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", host: "guix.gnu.org"

Note that only directories /srv/guix.gnu.org/de/graphics and
/srv/guix.gnu.org/en/graphics exist and no longer
/srv/guix.gnu.org/graphics.

I don’t have ideas for rewriting, because URLs like
<http://guix.gnu.org/index.html> should not become
<http://guix.gnu.org/index.html/>.  One could make /en/ go to the
/srv/guix.gnu.org directory, but then <http://guix.gnu.org/graphics>
would always be in English.  Or for old URLs use my last proposed patch:

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 07:28:08PM +0200, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> The patch introduces a long list of explicit redirects for all URLs
> not ending in a slash (except for <http://guix.gnu.org/packages/…>
> URLs, they are too many).

And for new URLs never use <http://guix.gnu.org/new> without a slash
at the end but only <http://guix.gnu.org/new/>.

Regards,
Florian