Subject: bug#26302: Deploying the i18n’d web site

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 21:11:02 +0100

pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 08:58:14PM +0200, Bengt Richter wrote:
>> Wondering, could dnsmasq help?
>
> I am already using dnsmasq to access a virtual machine of the machine
> hosting the Guix website so <guix.gnu.org/.i18n/de/> can replace the
> Guix website while old URLs keep working.

...

> I am confused by all the ways to rewrite, redirect and try_files in
> nginx.  I would be happy if others with more knowledge could help.

Hey Florian,

I'm wondering what the current state of the Guix website translation
work is?

I can see the translated website is available at [1], but maybe not with
the full NGinx configuration needed. I also managed to use haunt
locally, but I noticed there were some merge conflicts between the
wip-i18n and master branch.

1: http://guix.gnu.org/.i18n/en/

I can try and help with the NGinx stuff, I've muddled through
configuring NGinx in the past. I think it might be useful to test
without the /.i18n prefix, maybe berlin can be changed to serve the site
at wip-i18n.guix.gnu.org. I also have a server where I might try
deploying the translated website for testing.

Thanks,

Chris